Sunday, January 18, 2009

January 17, 2009

So I didn't do any shopping yesterday except at the local bread store. I normally don't shop there as they usually only have expired items and I like my bread REALLY FRESH, but I decided to stop in jic. I was Pleasantly surprised to find brand new/fresh items in the store! I purchased a loaf of bread (sell by 1/26/09), a box of Hostess mini muffins (exp 2/20/09), a package of Hostess Sweet Sixteen doughnuts (exp 2/1/09) as well as a bag of Golden Flake potato chips all for only $6.58. The bread was the greatest bargain as it sells for $2.69 in the grocery stores and was only $1.01 at the bread store. :) i guess the secret of this particular store is "shop on Saturday's" so i'll definitely give it a try again next weekend. :) i hope you all had a great Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful idea. When I was in college we had a local bread store that carried items from a bakery that delivers to all the grocery stores (similar items to what you bought). After moving home I got out of the habit of buying items there and had forgotten until now that there isa similar store about 15 mins from my house (near a cvs too !) that i might check out later in the week. Thanks

    ReplyDelete